Cobalt Credit Union is looking for volunteers to join our leadership team!
Actively Recruiting for the Following Positions:
- Associate Director - Board of Directors
- Five years of managerial or director experience, preferred.
- Has minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting,
Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Management or a related field preferred.
- Associate Supervisory Committee Member
- Has a financial background (CPA, CFA, Certified Financial
Planner, Auditor, Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries,
or accounting/finance degree).
All volunteers must meet these requirements:
- Be a primary account holder member of Cobalt Credit Union
- Must be able to attend evening meetings on a monthly basis
- Serve without compensation
- Demonstrate financial responsibility evidenced by information reported to (or received by) major credit bureau reporting agencies
If you meet the above requirements, please read the agreement to nomination and acceptance below, fill out the application on the right, attach your resume, and click submit.
You may also be contacted to complete the following:
- Credit/Criminal Background Check Authorization Form
- Credit Union Code of Ethics
One of our representatives will be in contact with you shortly.
NOMINEE’S AGREEMENT TO NOMINATION AND ACCEPTANCE IF APPOINTED
The undersigned agrees to conduct themselves in a professional manner in any and all communications and actions regarding or involving Cobalt Credit Union. This shall include all verbal and written communication such as: email, social media, YouTube, online forums or blogs, hand written and/or typed communications and other.
The undersigned hereby states there is no conflict of interest including but not limited to the following:
- Is not a member of the immediate family of any director, committee member, or employee of the credit union. Immediate family shall mean spouse; son or daughter; step children; grandchildren; son-in-law or daughter-in-law; parents; stepparents; grandparents; grandparents-in-law; father-in-law or mother-in-law; brother or sister; sister-in-law or brother-in-law; and stepbrother or stepsister.
- Is not an employer, employee, supervisor, or subordinate of any employee or of any director or committee member now seated nor a personal friend.
- Is not an employee of Cobalt Credit Union (or past employee for a minimum of 12 months) or an owner, employee, or official at any financial institution (including all financial businesses such as banks, brokerages, or mutual fund companies) or their trade associations, advisory councils/boards, committees, commissions, or any other such group. Eligibility for individuals serving on any credit union or their trade association board or committee will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
The undersigned understands that meetings shall be held at least once each month at the time and place determined by the Board. The undersigned further understands that, if appointed, attendance at regular meetings of the Board is expected and absences, while they may occur, should not exceed those specified in the By-Laws.
In addition to the monthly meetings, the undersigned understands that it may become necessary to attend other meetings at the time and place so decided by the Board.
The undersigned further understands that Credit Union Volunteers serve without compensation and are considered fiduciaries and must act in good faith and for the betterment of the Credit Union.
The undersigned understands that no guarantee exists for an Associate Director to become a regular member of the Board.
Having read the above, the undersigned acknowledges that, if appointed to the Associate Director position, he/she agrees to serve in that capacity.
*Potential candidates will not be denied consideration by reason of race, sex, religion, disability, age, geographic location, nor will any candidate be selected for such reason.