With reports of retail data breaches popping up all too often, identity theft protection is a real concern. No one wants to learn that their personal data has been compromised. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to help prevent ID theft.
At SAC FCU, we’re advocates of being proactive about safeguarding your financial information and identity. That’s why we’ve posted several blogs on protecting yourself against identity theft. Here are six of our favorites for you to consider:
- Don’t be a victim of tax identity theft: 7 steps to take right now
Tax season is right around the corner, and according to Time magazine, more than 1 million U.S. taxpayers have their refunds stolen each year. Find out how you can avoid that fate and what the IRS is doing to help stop the theft.
- How can you prevent identity theft on mobile devices? Our top tips.We all love our smartphones, but they can be an open invitation for an identity thief. Learn these simple steps to protect yourself.
- Kids are connected these days. From tablets to smartphones, chances are, if you have children they’re going online from time to time. These tips will help you teach them to stay safe on the Web.
- Stay alert: Signs that someone’s trying to steal your identity Are you missing any mail? Do you check your monthly bank account statements? Have you received calls from debt collectors? These are just a few of the signs that your identity may have been stolen. Read on for other red flags to watch for.
- The road to recovery: What to do when your identity is stolen If you suspect your identity has been compromised, there are urgent first steps that must be taken immediately. Follow our step-by-step guide to prevent further theft and start repairing the damage.
- Identity theft prevention: Insights from one of our free webinars This blog covers identity theft insights from SAC FCU experts Julie Bruning, Vice President of Consumer Lending, and Keli Wragge, Vice President of Operations. You’ll find helpful advice about subjects like your annual credit report and keeping an eye on your financial accounts. Read the summary, then listen to the full free webinar.
What steps are you taking to protect your identity? Share your tips and favorite posts in the comments below.
Protect your financial future. Download our FREE Identity Theft Protection Manual today.