Holiday shopping is just around the corner, and although you might be tempted to pay only in cash, there are other ways to prevent identity theft and keep your accounts safe from exposure. By learning the signs of ID theft and knowing the steps to take if you suspect your identity is being stolen, you can shut down the theft and protect yourself.
With SAC Federal Credit Union’s new e-book, The Identity Theft Protection Manual, which is full of identity theft prevention tips, you can create a strong plan for staying secure. You’ll learn:
- How identity theft happens, and why it’s on the rise worldwide
- Why it’s important to monitor your accounts
- How to get your credit report, and why it’s important to examine it closely
- Why strong, regularly changed passwords matter
- Ways to guard against common hacking strategies like phishing
- Key signs that can indicate your personal information has been compromised
- Top strategies for protecting your information
- First steps to take if you think your identity was stolen
The e-book is full of identity protection advice, tools, and resources and includes expert quotes, so you can get the most up-to-date, relevant information available.
As the Target breach demonstrated, even large and well-known retailers can be vulnerable to system-wide hacking. That’s why it’s crucial that you take control and make protection a priority as you travel and shop this holiday season.
With robust identity protection, you can shop with confidence and create long-term security for you and your family.
To learn more about identity theft protection, download SAC FCU’s free e-book on identity theft prevention.