With the number of financial transactions that can happen during a typical day, it’s easy to look over your monthly bank statement and wonder where your paycheck went. But by taking a more proactive approach and learning how to budget, you can prevent that “what happened?” moment and develop a greater understanding of income and expenses. Even better, proper budgeting can set you on the path toward boosting your savings.
“The benefit in having a dynamic budget is that you’re always aware of what you’re spending and saving, which means you probably have a good handle on your financial situation,” says Karen Guy, Executive Director, SAC Foundation. “Also, remember that any budget plan needs to be flexible. It’s not a ‘complete it once and be finished with it’ type of plan. Reviewing and adjusting can be very helpful for keeping your budget on track.”
With Cobalt Credit Union’s new e-book, The Get-Started Guide to Budgeting & Saving you can take control of your financial health by creating easy-to-follow budgets that also set you on the path toward saving. You’ll learn:
- First steps for creating a budget
- How to calculate your expenses
- The difference between fixed expenses and daily expenditures
- Why you should overestimate expense amounts
- Strategies for setting large goals, like starting a business or buying a house
- Whether you should add more to savings or pay down debt
- The value of an emergency savings fund
- How to calculate how long it will take to reach your goals
- Tips and tricks for reducing spending and increasing savings
- Avoiding budget and savings missteps
Learning how to budget and save is essential to a strong financial plan. When you master these elements, you’ll have a better handle on your money, and you’ll be in great shape to start working toward some larger goals.
Download the free budgeting and saving guidebook today!
Click here for more information on the SAC Foundation.